Thursday, October 23, 2008

PLEASE MAY I HAVE SOME OF YOUR PRECIOUS TIME?

Holy Spirit wants more of our time so He can expose Jesus's love personally to you and me.

Sometimes my efforts to engage Him are so pathetic and small. It's humbling and embarrassing as I crack open the door of my time to find He's so eagerly waiting.

I find myself so involved with the stuff of living - essentials like working and nonessential time-wasters like TV, sleeping too late, shopping for my 50th pair of shoes - and yet I find Him to always be on my mind, regretting that I am not more disciplined to sit and stare into His love.

What shocking love ! He pursues me. Patiently going with me - so that in each pause when I stop and speak to Him, He rushes to express His presence.

If I compare His love for me to how much I love Him, it's as though I hate him.

I look forward to the Soaking meetings because it's a set time to do one thing: learn what He wishes to teach me. Tonight's meeting will be a pursuit -that I pray will infuse my heart with His so that I am overflowing with His great love , so that it will pour out of me in to others who He wants to embrace.

If you can come join us for your own pursuit, it would be a good use of time I promise.
7PM Zion Rd Healing Rooms.
We'll do it again Saturday night at the Divine Encounters gathering at the Marriott on Salisbury Road. (Check out Tara Travis's myspace for details.)

If you can't come be with us, just be with HIM for a little more time. He's waiting.

1 comment:

Stan and Shannon Roberts said...

I agree, Anita. This is the ONE thing he desires. Sherri had an awesome vision of this the other day (the adoration of the Bride toward the Bridegroom in pure, single-minded focus on Him an nothing else--that EVERY distraction, even the smallest kind are of the enemy who is a false suitor, so to speak). I used to testify about this kind of relationship with the Lord, as He had impressed on me and I have had the honor and privilege to e very intimate with Him. Yet, after I was sharing with people how much He wanted this from everyone (and, even a most life-transforming experience with Him regarding this very thing, and a similar message from Catherine Brown), there was trial after trial, even deaths, sickness, etc., to come in the form of distractions and it became much more challenging for me. I had ben blessed to have had really nothing major happen to me since I have ben a Christian, and when these things started happening (I know much is because the entire body have been attacked for standing for God's agenda during this hour (hough also often unfaithfl to Him). Well, I found it is much harder when we are hurting, although in a weird way, God is also with us greater; so, He continues ministering, loving, pouring His presence and Spirit on us during trial, while we might not pursue Him and seek Him as strong or like we should. I too have the desire you speak of, to get back to that secret place, intimate place, not on set occasions, but ALL the time!!!! To be as you say, completely wholehearted with Him (instead of allowing distraction to come). THANK YOU for your message and transparency!!!! Love, Shannon