Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SPECIFIC PRAYERS AND COINCIDENCES

Some might say it's just a coincidence that what you prayed would happen did happen.
Oh well, we have a Southern saying for them: "Bless their heart" . You might or might not know what that really means. Anyway-

When I pray, I almost always ask Holy Spirit to give me the right prayers. That way, I'll have full faith released. I find that He is very eager to answer that prayer and that He is usually very specific. Rarely will He give a general "thy will be done" prayer. If I don't know for sure what His will is, then my number one objective is to find THAT out so I can pray BELIEVING.

So they other day, I was praying along those lines. Soon after I heard myself praying that
Mike Huckabee and the news media would begin talking about a brokered convention.
Coincidence: A half hour later, I saw Mike on CNN discussing a brokered convention. I continue to pray for more discussion about brokered conventions.

Yesterday, after again asking how to pray, I found myself discussing with God that John McCain advisors might discourage him from debating with Mike but I asked that John would agree to debate him. "
Coincidence: Yesterday, Mike sent a nice letter to John, asking him for a debate. This morning, it is reported that John said he's agreeable.
We keep praying for quick scheduling ,the right time, venue and network.

Look at our short history of praying for Mike Huckabee's campaign. Mom and I began last summer. We prayed for weeks asking for God to show us His choice . We confessed that we are not smart enough as a people to choose We only want the one who God chooses. He alone is capable of picking a leader of the most influential nation on earth. It's not a baseball game where the outcome does not matter.

After weeks of that prayer, Mom said " I was talking to God and asked Him if he was ever going to show us who He wants to be our next President. Then I saw Mike Huckabee's face. I have never experienced anything like it. I saw his face as clear as I'm seeing yours right now."
At the time I thought "Mike Huckabee?! What a funny name! His name alone would hinder him. But hey, He's the one. We'll start praying for Him."
Now just because it's God's will, it doesn't automatically "poof" into being. If that were the case, all people would be saved, healed and madly in love with Jesus. We are to be co-laborers with Him through our life. He commanded us to take dominion on earth.
What we pray, believing, is what we get. We reap if we don't faint. ..
... if we don't faint.
..............If we don't faint.


One of my first specific prayers was for Sam Brownback to withdraw. Most of the praying young ones from "The Call" and IHOP (1)were convinced he was the man and their prayers were for him. Since God revealed His choice to be Mike, we felt that praying people needed to get on the same page.
Coincidence: Sam quit. OK - maybe we didn't pray all the way - that he'd endorse Mike. oops..But now the majority of the Call and the Cause see Mike as the one to pray for.
After South Carolina, we prayed for Fred Thompson to go .
Coincidence: Fred Thompson quit.
We prayed for Rudy to quite.
Coincidence : He quit.
I started praying Mitt would quit. I say I,not we, because I couldn't find anyone who would believed that with me...well,
Coincidence: Mitt quit.

There are many things we've labored in prayer over, and they didn't happen. I looked back and saw that I wasn't really surprised at the results. It's a war and we don't win every battle. But lay down? NO WAY!

Today on my heart to pray are these for Mike Huckabee:
  • -Arrangements to be settled for their debate to be done right away, during prime time by the weekend.
  • -Great weather for Ohio and Texas as they travel and folks waive signs and vote.
  • -Delegates, delegates, delegates for Mike Huckabee at the convention( have you applied to be a delegate at the convention? Check with your state GOP on how)
Well that's enough for now I guess. Off to work.



(1) International House of Prayer, Kansas City

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I liked your part about receiving specific instructions (when possible) rather than just praying generic prayers.

Concerning praying about the weather, I have a couple of comments. First off, "great weather" means different things to different people. I suppose you're referring to mild weather for the primaries. What I've learned is that it's best to let God decide what weather would maximize a certain candidate's chances. It's easy to think that mild weather will always bring the best results for your candidate, but that isn't necessarily so. Sometimes maybe it would take unbelievably severe weather to keep certain undesirable voters home and let others have more say. So my point is that I agree we should definitely pray about the weather, but at the same time let God in His great wisdom decide what weather would best achieve the desired result. A couple weeks ago, I actually prayed about the weather for the general election this November. In November 2004, I remember that it poured!

I really enjoy your blog. :)

Me said...

Apparently Sen McCain doesn't want to debate Mike Huckabee. Keep praying - if God wants it done, make it happen.

Sherri said...

Prayinghyde: After I read that the Lord had prompted you to declare that the mountains be removed, it has stuck in my spirit and I have been declaring that the McCain Mountain, Obama Mountain, Hillary Mountain and any reoccurence of Romney Mountain be removed from Mike's path to becoming the 44th POTUS.

So over the last several days, I have been excitedly declaring that all of the mountains in Mike Huckabee’s path to the 44th President of the United States have been removed, and then this morning I awoke early out of a dead sleep and heard the words in my mind, the mountains have crumbled, and I saw the picture in my mind of the mountains breaking up and crumbling to the ground. I was barely awake, but I knew in my spirit something had happened. I believe that now we are going to begin seeing what appeared to be impasses to Mike’s nomination and subsequent election begin to crumble. However, we can’t be moved if there appears to be an impasse; we just keep thanking God that He is winning the battle behind the scenes, and that His will is coming to pass, despite how it appears.

Also, like many of you, I have been extremely disappointed in our Christian leaders and their seeming lack of discernment; however, this morning I sense the Lord is reminding me to forgive them, and move on, realizing that leaders will fail us, but He is the One we are to put our trust in; and if He has promised, He will fulfill, despite the seeming setbacks with their endorsements, knowing when God shuts a door, no man can close it, and when God opens a door, no man can close it, no matter who gives an endorsement for who. So, therefore, let’s pray more fervently that God soften the hearts of those voting, and opens their eyes to the truth – that He prompts them in their hearts to vote the right way once they enter the voting booth.

We must keep our eyes on Him who has prompted so many of us to support and believe in Mike Huckabee – this is not a normal movement that we have all psyched ourselves to be excited about – I believe this is a movement birthed of God who seems to keep encouraging all of us, even when in the natural there doesn’t appear to be any reason to be encouraged. God is teaching us to lean on him and not be dependent on man or our leaders who will fail us. Remember many of the religious leaders of Jesus’ day didn’t support Him, but that didn’t mean He didn’t go on to victory. Also, think about it, even one of His insiders, Judas, turned against Him and sold Him out for a mere pittance, so why would we expect anything less today?

Me said...

wowee I got goose bumps reading Sherri's comment!

Stan and Shannon Roberts said...

I second that... God bumps:-)